Welding Supervisor / Engineer (closed)
Job title: WELDING SUPERVISOR
Our Client, is an Australian based Engineering, Manufacturing, Construction and Maintenance Company serving industry throughout Australia and the Pacific Rim and is currently experiencing strong growth and has secured significant work in the Surat Basin.
Objectives of Job:
We seek an experienced Senior Welding Supervisor/ Welding Engineer who has the skills and experience to ensure the productive execution of our works across all three of our client’s Brisbane based workshops and is able to support our client’s projects through effective client liaison (CSG and Petrochemical).
You must be a trade qualified Welding supervisor with a strong welding background and the ability to understand all welding processes. You will have a thorough in-depth knowledge of welding methodology and relevant standards with a focus on pipe welding standards, including AS-1210, AS-885, AS-4041, ASME IX, and ASME B 31-1, & B 31-3.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation of weld procedures, welding standards and welding qualifications in compliance with client specifications;
- Liaising with clients in a professional and effective manner to reach acceptance of prepared weld procedures;
- Preparation and issue of work / welding packages to Supervisors;
- Coordinating non-destructive testing to welding;
- Maintaining records of non-conformance and follow up actions;
- Maintaining a full database of welders & qualifications;
Knowledge and experience:
To be successful for this position, you will be required to:
- Be a Trade Qualified Boilermaker / Welder
- Possess as a minimum a WTIA AS1796 Cert 10
- Have solid industry experience
- Have a strong commitment to safety ensuring safe work practices are adhered to.
- Knowledge/ experience with API-650 tanks would be highly advantageous.
- Be based in Brisbane
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV in MS Word format to James at email@example.com, or call +356 7988 2219 for further information about this role.