Maintenance Manager (closed)
Career Transitions, LLC is working with a client located just north of Chicago, IL who is seeking a Maintenance Manager. This is for a family owned company that has been in business for the past 60 years. Candidates must be in commutable distance.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe maintenance, and the repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems. Will be responsible for planning, scheduling and providing technical solutions to ensure maximum production quantity and quality that support policies, goals and objectives of the company.
· Reports food safety and quality problems to personnel with the authority to initiate action. Ensures compliance with SQF guidelines.
· Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the food industry, with an emphasis on planning I scheduling and preventive I predictive maintenance.
· Prepares reports, analyzes data; make recommendations for improving plant Operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
· Ensures that maintenance mechanics are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, cost-effective manner.
· Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance mechanics.
· Ensures that all maintenance mechanics are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
· Monitors the operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipates & solves problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and /or reduce operating costs.
· Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
· Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
· Ensures city, county, state and federal regulation relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
· Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance mechanics.
· Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Departments.
· Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
· Communicates directly with QA to ensure effective participation by the maintenance mechanics in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
· Assist with interviewing, hiring and training maintenance employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
· Ensure that all polices and procedures are adhered to at all times.
· Develop annual department budget and control cost within the approved budget.
· Ensure department is staffed to meet internal requirements.
- Assists Maintenance Shift Supervisor?s in the hiring process and also issuance of discipline as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems while also training mechanics on how to perform tasks at hand.
· Oversee the security of the facility related to the fire and burglar alarm system.
· Job Requirements / Qualifications / Skill
- Work hours in excess of forty (40) hours will be required.
- Flexible work hours (evaluate off shifts at times).
· Bachelor degree preferred, certificate or diploma from trade school in related field and five years experience in the maintenance and/or operation of a process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5 years experience in a food production environment, preferably in the confectionery or snack industry & in a supervisory or managerial role
· The ability to set priorities, working with multiple projects, with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
· Working knowledge of the following:
- Programmable Logic Control
- Working knowledge of basic and high voltage electrical systems
- Experience with Reading Electrical Blue Prints
- Mechanical Systems
- Compressed air system and components
- Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Programs and Systems and functional experience utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Proficient in MS software to include Word and Excel, Outlook, CAD.