Senior Software Engineer (closed)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads a team of software engineers to design, develop and maintain custom software applications
- Master at Object Oriented Design and Architecture
- Utilizes C#.NET, WPF, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WEB SERVICES; AJAX, HTML/ CSS (Classic VB/ASP is a nice to have)
- MVC / WPF knowledge is strongly desired
- Designs, codes, manages, troubleshoots, documents, and maintains application software, including large scale projects.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic, data manipulation, and customer user-friendly interfaces.
- Architects database design changes for large-scale projects that adhere to the rules of database normalization.
- Applies knowledge of required toolsets, including Visual Studio 2008/2010, TFS; SQL Server 2005+, IIS 6+, and others as necessary to perform the task assigned.
- Communicates issues, critical problems, and situations to appropriate managers.
- Responds to work orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures effective inter- and intra-team communications.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of projects and tasks.
- Participates in the deployment of new technology.
- Coordinates and collaborates with coworkers, internal customers, and other project team members
- Consults with end-users on system requirements; understands, recommends, and provides technical advice.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and maintains a positive, professional image.
- Keeps abreast of technology trends, especially those trends relating to the educational environment; analyzes, and recommends value-added technologies, tools, and methodologies in support of operational objectives.
- Attends meetings and briefings related to computing support.
- Participates in committees and task forces as assigned.
Works as a team leader; provides technical over site and guidance for other engineers and team members; Based on the level of experience supervisory responsibilities may be applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of the required toolsets including Visual Studio, SQL Server Manager, Internet Information Manager, and others as necessary to perform the task assigned.
- Skill in logical program construction, database concepts and interaction, reporting techniques, troubleshooting, and web-based technologies.
- Skill in computer application programming and web-based programming
- .NET3.5+ - C#.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WEB SERVICES; Version control / TFS
- AJAX, HTML/ CSS (Classic VB/ASP is a nice to have)
- MVC / WPF knowledge is strongly desired; ORM mapping like Entity Framework would be a plus
- Sharepoint integration, development of customer web parts would be a plus.
- Skill in using common business applications of personal computers.
- Skill, from an application development standpoint, in operating the desktop computer environment, including Windows XP/7 and Windows Server.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information with various levels of constituents.
- Ability to use and facilitate online communications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university in computer science/ programming and 2 years of experience as a software developer/ engineer
- Or Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university in computer science/ programming and 4 years of experience as a software developer/ engineer
- Or Associate’s degree and 6 years experience as a software developer/ engineer
- MCPD/ MCAD/ MCSD / Developer certification is preferred
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Strong organizational and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.