Senior Software Engineer (closed)
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: Tucson, Arizona
Job Type: Full-time
Notes: U.S Citizens or Green Card Holders
This position requires involvement in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements, design, testing and deployment for large multi-tier applications. Responsibilities include:
- Analysis, design, programming, and debugging of software for new development used in local, networked, and Internet-related environments.
- Use of software engineering best practices and open-source Java projects.
- Participates in research, identification, evaluation, and development of supporting software systems.
- Supports process improvement activities both within the department and company-wide.
- Modification and reuse of existing code for software enhancements.
- Works both independently and in a team environment, with the opportunity to provide technical leadership to other members of the engineering team.
- Creates and/or modifies specification documents detailing system design and enhancements to meet software requirements.
- Collaborates with others in the creation of installation, maintenance and procedure documentation.
- Provides on-going client support and maintenance.
- Utilizes strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with both internal and external clients.
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues
- Designs, develops and supports organization’s software products
- Creates and updates the design portion of feature specifications
- Adheres to organizational processes and procedures
- Adheres to departmental best-practices for software development
- Work independently as a team member and/or a team leader
- Shows initiative and drive to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Provides technical leadership and may provide directional leadership
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Contributes positively to working environment, software products and support efforts
- KNOWLEDGE: Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Has a wide range of technical knowledge in software development practices, programming languages and development techniques. May have knowledge in project management techniques.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on and resolves complex problems. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- SUPERVISION: May provide direction and leadership for engineering project teams and technologies.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-10 years of experience with modern object-oriented programming techniques and design patterns, 3-6 years experience with Java technologies, and 2-3 years experience with SOA/ESB. Successful leadership experience as project manager or team leader. Knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL, and RDBMS’s (MS SQL Server, Oracle and/or DB2). Preference given to those having experience with Spring, Hibernate, Junit, SML and Log4j. Use of integrated development environments such as Eclipse or JBuilder. Use of source control management tools such as Subversion. Health care industry knowledge is a plus, particularly with HIPAA, X12 transactions, and HL7 transactions.
- Health care industry knowledge, particularly with HIPAA, X12 transactions, and HL7 transactions, background knowledge of service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) infrastructure, SML, and knowledge of RDBMS’s (SQL, Server, Oracle and/or DB2 is a plus.
- SOFTWARE LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: .Net, VB6, Cobol, Java, ColdFusion, Transact SQL, PL-SQL, RDBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2), AJAX, J2EE, JMS, JDBC, servlets and other Java technologies, PowerBuilder, Integrated Development Environments (Eclipse, Visual Studio), Object-Oriented programming, source control management, MS Project
- EDUCATION: Bachelor in related field, or significant industry experience
- CERTIFICATION(S): Certification in applicable technology is desirable
TRAVEL: Job travel is minimal