Pre-Sales Storage Engineer
Our client is a Technology Solutions Consultant and Reseller of all types of infrastructure large-scale projects related to data storage, virtualization, networking, and mobility. This company has seen tremendous growth over the last four years while growing its client-base of large enterprise accounts--many of which are international corporations. The company has great stability as it has been in operation over ten years and has grown to several offices nationwide. This highly profitable company is looking to grow its Dallas-office by hiring a new Pre-Sales Storage Engineer.
As a key member of the team, this sales-focused position will be will be responsible for evaluating existing systems and technologies, and developing strategic solutions and blueprints to address customer business challenges with their enterprise infrastructure architecture. The Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for IT Infrastructure design, development and deployment of the company?s solutions offerings. This individual will collaborate with internal team members, external partners and customers to develop technology solution to address customer business needs. Areas of focus will primarily center on Storage and Backup-related technologies, but will also include Virtualization, Networks, Servers and Mobility. Specific essential functions include:
· Architect and design technology solutions for client sales opportunities.
· Responsible for assisting Sales and partners in architecting, defining, positioning, designing, and presenting a range of solutions.
· Facilitate long-term customer relationships through the delivery of technical solutions to customer business problems.
· Participate in customer-facing meetings to determine business and technical requirements that will be used in developing solutions.
· Generate consulting revenues by providing advanced technical design and defining implementation services.
· Maintain and grow technology expertise and evaluate/recommend emerging technologies, as appropriate.
Provide technical expertise and guidance to internal team, as well as, external partners and clients.
The Pre-Sales Engineer must have a deep experience in IT Technology solutions, excellent functional and technical skills and a firm understanding of industry best practices in the various aspects of IT trends. Additional skill sets that may be required include:
· NetApp, EMC, VMware, Cisco UCS, Citrix, F5, Palo Alto, Quantum, Riverbed, Symantec.
· Proven history of developing blueprints for large projects, with accurate estimates of resource requirements and costs.
· Experienced use of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
· Outstanding work ethic; displays a sense of urgency to develop solutions and services-- willingness and desire to do what it takes to get the job done. Organized and detail-oriented.
· A high sense of responsibility to customers, partners and colleagues with a focus on quality and timeliness of one's own work.
· Ability to influence and lead by example. Displays business and organizational maturity.
· Displays high level of just-in-time learning and the desire to grow individual development.
· Ability to develop and communicate vision with customers, partners and colleagues utilizing strong presentation skills combined with solid technical background.
· Ability to travel up to 25%.