JAVA DEVELOPER – Services Focus
Education: BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field (or equivalent), with strong competencies in object-oriented development, data structures, algorithms and software design and architecture.
Experience: 8+ years hands-on programming experience with J2EE technologies.
- Expert knowledge of algorithms, design patterns, and implementation approaches (e.g. MOM, SOA, and Grid).
- In depth knowledge of event-driven and service-oriented architecture.
- Hands-on development experience in enterprise service bus, messaging framework, web service (e.g. RESTful), identity management, and security solution.
- Familiar with common web backend technologies and/or frameworks such as Spring Framework, Spring MVC, and Apache Wicket.
- Solid understanding and working experience of XML and related technologies (e.g. XSD, XSL, and XQuery).
- In depth knowledge of J2EE application packaging and deployment against Open Source (e.g. Tomcat) or commercial (e.g. Weblogic) J2EE servers.
- Experience in cross-platform development such as UNIX/Windows and Oracle/MySQL and skillful in UNIX shell scripts and command line tools such as sed, awk, etc.
- Working knowledge of automated build utilities (e.g. Ant and/or Maven) and Continuous Integration solutions (e.g. Atlassian Bamboo, Hudson, and/or CruiseControl).
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Agile methodology, Test Driven Development, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Experience in business intelligence/analytics applications
- Experience in working with or developing with Open Source projects (SOLR/Mongo).
- Experience with Oracle 11g
- Experience with messaging framework Apache Service Mix (FuseSource)