Cloud Developer - Modern Frameworks and New Programming Models (closed)
The Enterprise Cloud Management Engineering team is building next generation management solutions for Enterprise Cloud consumption. Steve Herrod’s blog presents our vision for cloud computing and the “New IT Stack”.
Our group is building management solutions to enable this vision.
We are looking for high quality engineers with state of the art, hands on experience with modern frameworks, programming models, and key web technologies. Applicants must be “rockstars” in their specialties and have solid, hands on experience building and operating modern high scale applications.
* Be part of an engineering team building VMware’s Enterprise Cloud Management products
* Focus your energy on designing, implementing and testing key pieces of the system
* Focus your energy on creating operationally efficient systems and participate in the operations of the service
* Support our partners, customers, and community on support forums, blogs, mailing lists, tweets, etc.
*Present your designs at developer conferences, meet ups, and client meetings
* Stay current on key trends in technology especially in the area of services, languages, and frameworks
* 8+ years of software development experience
* Hands on experience building and operating cloud based services at scale
* Proven collaboration skills in highly technical engineering teams
* Experience participating in agile development in a software as service environment
* Experience in developing management solutions
* BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent preferred from a highly-regarded accredited institution
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. With annual 2010 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 250,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware helps organizations of all sizes lower costs, preserve freedom of choice and energize business through IT while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. Our award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 9,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.