Under general supervision, responsible for NVH attributes of products in development. Perform the NVH testing, analysis and simulation activities for product/system creation, and/or verification for innovation and development projects, utilizing internal and external resources. Promote NVH best practices in the design/engineering processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promote systematic use of NVH best practices early in the design process to prevent failure modes in products and assist in problem resolution.
2. Instrumental in applying engineering principles and simulation techniques to guide the creation of new and modification of existing product/concepts.
3. Support and execute the NVH development plans to ensure objectives and deliverables are predictably and consistently achieved.
4. Proficiently use the NVH instrumentation, hardware and software of the Department to ensure success.
5. Keep abreast of NVH technology trends in the automotive/powertrain industry for planning projects.
6. Direct the internal and external presentations and interpretation of NVH test and simulation results for design reviews, sales and marketing and quotations.
7. Support the development of NVH development methods and the integration into existing/emerging engineering development processes.
8. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
9. Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
10. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
1. Minimum five (5) years related work experience required; experience in powertrain developments preferred.
2. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Masters Degree Engineering required.
3. Strong product development, planning and analytical skills.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in NVH test analysis and simulation tools and methods.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills.