Office Manager (closed)
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for an Office Manager for our client, a prestigious technology and entertainment-focused nonprofit organization in Palo Alto, CA. This role is ready for immediate hire on a contract basis, with the potential for direct-hire should the selected candidate prove to be an outstanding fit.
We seek a skilled, motivated, independent, and organized administrative professional to serve as the backbone of the day-to-day office operations.
This organization is highly unique, and leads in blending mission-driven work across technology, entrepreneurship, community creation and care, and media. We can't wait to tell you more about them!
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate with strong skills and flexibility to contribute to an organization working at the forefront of technology in the media/entertainment industry. While key responsibilities are focused on the ongoing operations of the office, the right candidate will find opportunities for growth. The diversity of this role means you will be involved in many aspects of the company and will be a key part of the team.
- Manage back-end office operations including functions such as procuring equipment, supplies and services; designing and maintaining records systems. We desire a professional with prior experience in these realms so that we can keep our office running smoothly and free up our team members to focus on fast-approaching deadlines and innovative developments in the field!
- Serve as a friendly face for our organization with warm reception for visitors.
- Coordinate deliveries and shipments in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with building management for appropriate daily safety measures, green initiatives, and emergency preparedness.
- Schedule interviews to successfully support the growth of our team by providing a positive hiring experience. Some support on candidate sourcing may also be required?we wish to work with a curious individual who seeks to work with the most talented and high-contributing folks on the market!
- Track and coordinate payroll and benefits.
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measure results against standards; enforce necessary changes by constantly evaluating vendors, supplies, and service in interest of identifying the best fit for our collaborative team!
- Manage business functions including tracking office and project budgets, administering contracts, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and proposing corrective actions.
- Support staff as needed in areas such as expenses, travel and meeting arrangements.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed. Work may include project support activities such as testing, document review and preparation, data entry, and assisting with management of IT vendors and services.
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience, with minimum 1.5 years? experience as an Office Manager (the 1.5 years should span deeper issues such as vendor management, benefits/payroll administration, and systems implementation).
- Candidate must have demonstrated success in managing an office, including business functions such as budget management, and providing administrative support to staff, such as meeting planning and expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Natural sense of initiative and curiosity are required for best success in this multifaceted seat!
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with budget tracking, accounting, reporting and travel planning.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Approximately $20-25/hour, dependent on level experience and compensation history.
Should the candidate be selected for direct hire, excellent benefits would be provided. Intangibles in working with this organization are also very compelling?the work performed in the walls of this nonprofit is truly cutting-edge, both in service and approach. If you have an interest in working with intelligent, creative team mates, this could be an outstanding environment for you
Please send a detailed resume that discloses your office management experience to email@example.com, preferably attached as a document in Word format.
For strongest consideration, please be sure to highlight any experience in administering payroll or benefits, as well as complex travel arrangements, light HR functions, and development of best-fit systems (such as going paperless or arranging for strongest workflow).
Your application is confidential, and we look forward to considering your qualifications! We will reach out to applicants who demonstrate potential match.
About our search firm:
Scion Staffing is an award winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment prowess has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2013 Business Times list of top staffing firms.