Senior Food Scientists (closed)
Kelly Scientific Resources is seeking Senior Food Scientists for our client located in Northern, NJ. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Senior Food Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Food product development from concept stage through commercialization for a wide range of product systems. Responsibilities include sensory and shelf life studies.
- Interpret test results and independently identify and execute next steps.
- Apply knowledge of project management process and independently lead assigned projects.
- Determine technical risks and recommend contingency plans.
- R&D representative for assigned projects; responsible for interfacing with cross functional team members to accomplish project objectives on time including Quality, Packaging Development, Marketing, Market Research , Operations and Finance.
- Handle multiple assignments simultaneously, including Innovation, Productivity and Quality initiatives.
- Generate and maintain accurate and complete records including official lab notebook and utilization of on-line specification system.
- Conduct and structure project presentations to department and brand management.
- Utilize internal and external information to problem solve.
- Perform other R&D duties as assigned.
Proficiency in food product formulation and commercialization of new products and processes.
- Bakery technical experience, baking formulation knowledge, pancake syrup and /or canned meat processing technology highly desirable. Certified Baker a plus.
- Ability to perform responsibilities as outlined above.
- Minimum 4 years food product development experience from bench top to production start up is required
BS/MS Food Science or equivalent
For immediate consideration, please visit out website and apply on line at www.kellyscientific.com