Product Support Developer (closed)
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our IT team as a Product Support Developer.
This position is responsible for assisting in the design, development, and maintenance of custom application software for the University’s systems and will focus on coding/ implementation. This position is also responsible for participating in the deployment of new technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Codes, troubleshoots, documents, and maintains application software.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Applies knowledge of required toolsets, including Visual Studio, SQL Server Manager, Internet Information Services (IIS), and others as necessary to perform the task assigned.
- Communicates issues, critical problems, and situations to appropriate managers.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensures effective inter- and intra-team communications.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of tasks.
- Participates in the deployment of new technology.
- Consults with end-users on system requirements; understands, recommends, and provides technical advice.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and maintains a positive, professional image.
- Keeps abreast of technology trends, especially those trends relating to the educational environment; analyzes, and recommends value-added technologies, tools, and methodologies in support of operational objectives.
- Attends meetings and briefings related to computing support.
- Participates in committees and task forces as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of logical program construction, database concepts and interaction, reporting techniques, troubleshooting, desktop and web-based technologies.
- Knowledge of the required toolsets including Visual Studio, SQL Server Manager, Internet Information Services (IIS), and others as necessary to perform the task assigned.
- Skill in using common business applications of personal computers.
- Skill, from an application development standpoint, in operating the desktop computer environment, including Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Server.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information with various levels of constituents.
- Ability to use and facilitate online communications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university; or Associate’s degree and two years experience and/or training in a computer-related business.
- Microsoft SQL Server database experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
What We Offer:
In addition to excellent earning potential and a comprehensive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and PTO—Northcentral University supports the professional growth of its team members through education benefits, growth opportunities and room for advancement.
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals who work together to change lives through higher education? Apply today!