Technical Product Manager (Security Applications) (closed)
Technical Product Manager (Security Applciations)
You will be responsible for driving new feature functionality through the development process and advocates for the customer within the R&D process. The ideal candidate is expected to be the domain expert of the product and will be expected to perform the following duties:
· Create the functional requirements and establish ROI for new features development costs.
· Ability to understand Web Application Security technology and how it relates to the product portfolio.
· Understand in detail the relationships between products and the architecture of them
· Identify gaps and interdependencies in solutions (i.e. between products)
· Build requirements for changes, identifying the key architectural and technological concerns
· Be the agent of continuous product improvement. Drive implementation, and group practices for continual improvement in quality. Ensures the development team operates in an efficient and quality manner
· Regular and frequent interface with customers
· Identify, specify, and prioritize features and capabilities of the product through direct input from Product Management, the customer and competing products.
· Market analysis of all competitive and complementary products available in the market and publish results internally.
Background and Required skills:
· Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degree and/or MBA is a plus.
· Knowledge in Application/Network security is a big plus.
· Ability to grasp strategic business issues as well as nd
· Understanding technical issues from abstract ideas to protocol level.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Leadership ability.
· Demonstrated ability to manage a software or hardware product from concept through development and launch and then through revision a plus.
· Knowledge of Internet technologies including SMTP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, DNS, etc. a plus
· Provide samples of previous work products internal or client presentations