Director of Battery Management Systems (closed)
Director of Battery Management Systems Engineering
The Battery Management System Engineering Director is responsible for development of this leading Electric Vehicle manufacturer’s BMS and for the integration of the BMS with the battery pack and the vehicle CAN system. This individual will lead all aspects of BMS engineering, including electrical, mechanical and firmware.
- Oversee the development of the current BMS and future BMS platforms
- Responsible to ensure that BMS seamlessly integrates into CAN communication strategy of vehicle including diagnostics.
- Supports BMS integration in battery systems manufacturing, and battery pack integration at vehicle systems manufacturing sites. Supports vehicle systems debugging and improvements.
- Ensures correct wire routing, selection of connectors, fuses, relays and contactors. Responsible for wiring harness layout and DFM.
- Responsible for mechanical attachment and thermal integration of BMS, wiring harness and associated components.
- Ensures the development and implementation of software and hardware tools necessary for BMS testing, pack testing and vehicle integration.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5 Years minimum experience
- Team leader experience managing innovative teams
- High voltage Li-ion BMS experience, preferably in EVs.
- Solid understanding of High voltage DC electrical systems, wiring including cable, fuse and contactor analysis and selection.
- Familiar with shielding, EMI/EMC.
- Hands-on experience with high voltage, high power electrical systems.
- Experienced in CAN communication implementation and debugging including experience with CANalyser, Vector CAN or other applicable tools
- Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Conversational Mandarin an asset.
- Team player with strong desire to support team success
- Travel : 30%
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
Location: Los Angeles Metro Send qualified, confidential resume to email@example.com