E- Discovery Engineer
Working Title: E-Discovery Engineer
Lab Cat: Exchange Analyst I
The ITS E-Mail E-discovery role is to perform all email e-discovery requests for ITS USDA. The current email archives reside on Linux and Windows Servers. Mail and archive services have been migrated to the Microsoft cloud but legacy archives for the last 5-7yrs still exist in the current environment. Along with actual restorations of requested email, the job also includes the architecting a new consolidated archive solution.
• Tier II/III level support knowledge of Exchange 2003/2007.
• Act as a backup of Exchange administrators
• Develop and deliver documentation for e-discovery procedures
• Linux scripting skills to support search and restore scripts
• Tier II/III Sendmail support
• Understand and work within a formal change management framework
• Remedy ticket resolution
• Exchange 2003/2007 support
• E-discovery background
• Commvault Archive experience especially around restorations
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Ability to work independently
• Sense of urgency and ownership
• High regard for potential effects of actions to the business and its customers
• Good Knowledge of Windows 2003 server
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server
• In depth knowledge of high availability messaging solutions
• Sendmail support background
• OnTrack recovery tools
• Experience in working on 24x7 environments is preferred
• 24 x 7 pager availability required with primary on-call status 1 week/weekend per month
• TCP/IP; DHCP; WINS; DNS and other networking protocols
• Minimum of 5 years IT experience, 3 specialized in email support
Schedule Requirements: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline; OR equivalent combinations of the below listed minimums for education and experience with Government customer approval:
- With a Master’s degree, three years specialized experience is required.
- With ten years specialized experience, a degree is not required.