SAP Director of Applications (closed)
SAP Director – North Chicago
Permanent Position Director of Applications, SAP.
Lead Supply Chain/Warehouse Management Program, working with business and Information Systems Leadership to develop the business case for change, work with executive leadership to select a course of action, develop a plan/budget to deliver the necessary functionality, and execute according to the plan. Strong organizational skills, coordination, and communication is essential in all aspects of this program.
Client has implemented SAP Modules including SD MM Finance, CRM BI, BW and WMS . This position will be repsonsible for the implementation of Warehouse Management and Supply Chain.
We are seeking a candidate who has prior SAP implementation experience in a Director role or has been reporting to Executive Leadership and must have prior experience with Supply Chain and Warehouse Management modules.
Retail experience preferred..
The Director will be responsible for the applications landscape, working closely with business clients at all levels of the organization to ensure existing software applications address current and future business needs. In this role, the incumbent can expect to work closely with executive level management across the organization in defining strategies, business roadmaps, project/program requirements, priorities and investments.
Will also be responsible for leading the applications team consisting of 20-25 business/systems professionals. The team is organized by a combination of business process and functions (Order to Cash, Customer Relationship Management, Hire to Retire (Human Resources), Warehouse/Supply Chain, and Record to Report (Finance/Accounting)). Will be responsible for key software vendor relationships, essential to the applications landscape (e.g. SAP).
Will be responsible for leading the Supply Chain/Warehouse Mannagement program. This includes partnering with business clients to define the overall strategies, business requirements, and phased implementation plans ensuring timely execution and delivery of those plans.
Must have a Business Administration or Computer Science Degree
• 10+ years experience with information systems and related technologies and applications.
• 10+ years management experience, with progressive responsibilities in terms of the size of teams managed, complexity of applications and responsibilities.
• SAP experience is required
• Retail expertise is strongly preferred.
Supply Chain and end-to-end general business background is strongly preferred.
o In-depth knowledge of business applications, applications development methodologies .
o Strong business analysis skills and experience, including development of business vision and strategies, requirements capture, process modeling.
o Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality, and professionalism.
o Self-starter and problem solver with strong ability to work independently in areas of core competence with minimal guidance.
• Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills that creates a climate of continuous improvement, a passion for business partnership and customer
• (In depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties. internal/external) satisfaction.
• Exceptional communication skills are essential in order to explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues
• Strong negotiation skills – ability to resolve conflict among organizations and leaders with disparate objectives.
• Ability to drive collaboration with functional teams and technical teams to achieve effective solutions.
• Proven and definitive track record of delivering results.
• Proven capabilities in dealing with rapid and constant change.
• Demonstrated ability to work with multi-organizational teams composed of individuals at all levels of the company with expertise in a wide range of disciplines.
• Experience creating enterprise-level strategic business and technology solutions and working with technical architects to devise and define strategic solutions
• End-to-end business knowledge and acumen which will provide a context for defining the current and future applications landscape.
o Shape and develop the client’s applications systems and organizational landscape, ensuring proper reporting structures and performance metrics are in place across the team while helping each team to identify opportunitites for improvement within/across their organizations.
o Participate in business development, strategic and operational planning processes utilizing business roadmaps and corresponding plans and organization goals.
o Deliver reliable, stable solutions on time and on-budget that meet current and future business needs.
o Develop and manage a multi-million dollar annual operating budget, maintaining a 2-year planning horizon, and ensuring advance communication/coordination with CFO including documentation for all significant expenses.
o Ownership and management of key application software and SAAS providers and their related contracts/projects. This includes the SAP relationship/roadmap, as well as other core vendors essential to the applications landscape.
o Continually drive operational efficiences and process improvement initiatives within the IS Applications function and across the business.
o Lead/coach managers and the applications team to evaluate, problem solve and take action, while ensuring these actions are consistent with the overall business strategies and plans.
o Lead annual planning for the appplications area, setting goals appropriate for each business function and monitoring the team against these goals, ensuring progress is being made, anticipating problems, and taking corrective action if necessary.
o Establish Applications Disaster Recovery framework and application support service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers. Monitor service delivery to ensure on-going support is in alignment with the agreed SLAs.
Please send a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with SAP Director 20876HW in the subject line or contact me at 862-221-6820.
Sr. Technical Recruiter - Harvey Nash USA
Harvey Nash USA is on Facebook and Twitter.