Production Support / Application Support
Applications Support II
Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. Code, test, and debug new software and make enhancements to existing software and systems to render their use more efficient. Using knowledge of systems engineering or computer programming, troubleshoot existing systems and streamline their operation. Maintain, patch, and program operating systems to allow applications running on them to function efficiently. May document standard operation of a system or technical measures taken or recommended to improve a system's functionalities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Support application(s) in production. Note interruptions or bugs in operation and perform problem solving exercise to determine problem and ensure continued use of the application, or confer with less senior staff attempting to restore job or report.
· Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
· Monitor operations of a network or an environment of servers on which a cluster of specific applications operate. Track and research business solutions running in this environment in terms of efficient performance or obstacles to smooth production.
· Troubleshoot more difficult or complex production slowdowns or bottlenecks and determine if OS environment or network is causing problem.
· Knowledge of Monitoring tools and provide guidance and reports to do proactive administration of Servers and applications
· Maintain or perform system upgrades, including installing up to date patches and service packs. Document measures taken to patch or upgrade OS and testing done to ensure continued smooth production.
· Serve on larger projects involving team resources as key technical resources.
· May control or manage system access; train and support users (fellow team members). This includes device, configuration, and monitoring requests from users.
· Provide Support with Software installation, administration and maintenance
· Knowledge of SharePoint administration
· SQL Server administration
· Familiarity with Oracle
· Some Visual Studio development
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems / Business Administration or other applicable experience required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Hands on experience performing production support of web-based applications desired.
- 2+ years of windows administrative support or other production support is desired.
- 2 - 3 years of Change Review Board / SDLC experience desired.
- 2 - 3 years of Mortgage Industry experience in Servicing and/or Investor Reporting desired.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.