Offshore Piping Designer/Layout Specialist (closed)
Extensive expertise in piping layout design & engineering of offshore fixed platforms and full field layout, with minimum ten (10) years relevant experience in the oil/gas industry.
Candidate must be an innovative thinker with proven leadership abilities, knowledgeable about standards and recommended practices for this discipline. Experience with sour, high pressure oil/ gas service is highly desirable.
Must be able review design information (3D model, drawings, and documents) and mount objective challenges where necessary as well as propose effective solutions for increased cost effectiveness and project optimization.
Must have PDS and/or PDMS work experience
Successful candidate will be assigned as a member of PMC Team for a FEED/ Basic Design project, overseeing a large EPC Contractor team, located in Houston. Candidate will work with Client and Contractor discipline representatives on a daily basis.
Duties will include:
• Review and become familiar with client and project standards
• Field layout development.
• Multiple Process and wellhead platforms, general arrangement design layout review.
• 3D Model reviews.
• Material handling and operability reviews
• P&ID reviews and verification
• Interface management with Electrical, Controls, HSE and Structural engineering disciplines, related to layout development.
• Review Contractor discipline activities, project schedule, and manpower loading requirements.
• Understand and verify Contractor discipline work processes.
• Check and verify quality of Contractor discipline engineering deliverables.