Sr. Project Engineer-Design (closed)
This role will be supporting our transmission hybrid market segment.
Ensures timely and efficient completion of detailed engineering projects to achieve company cost and customer service objectives. Acts as project leader with technical responsibility for design planning, organizing, and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving design and development of new or improved products and/or processes.
Job Requirements :
1. Develops project goals and objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management. Ensures projects meet schedule, cost results, and technical expectations through effective project leadership. May have frequent customer interface to present project status and gain confidence in overall support of customer programs.
2. Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer program requirements (including performance and data requirements), completing technical studies; and preparing cost estimates. Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements and assigning staffing and resources.
3. Prepares project plans and related schedules by studying customer project plans and specifications; calculating time requirements; and sequencing project elements. Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems. Prepares project status reports/milestones for review with customers and other teams.
4. Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommends actions to achieve performance to committed milestones. Controls project costs by reviewing non-recurring costs, monitoring and approving expenditures; may administer contractor contracts.
5. Prepares and reviews technical project work prepared by others, including system schematics, layouts, sketches, algorithms, transfer functions and related test plans, procedures and reports, by the application of advanced engineering principles and varied and detailed experience. Provides leadership on new program teams.
6. Applies and may lead continuous improvement initiatives in design engineering or across other teams. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; proposes changes in methods and procedures.
7. Verifies product performance by designing detailed plans to verify the performance through similarity, analysis, and conducting tests.
8. Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics through coordination with designers, drafters, or other engineers, or through the use of engineering computer-aided design systems.
9. Maintains engineering project database by establishing engineering history files, project files, and related information to provide repository for technical project activities, current activities, and future records.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Complies with company policies and aerospace industry regulations. Consistently applies established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods.
12. Acts as consultant to management on major matters. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Identifies mentoring needs. Trains and mentors less experienced employees. May serve as a functional expert.
Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
Other Skills :Additional Qualifications: Mechanical Engineering degree with 10+ years of engineering experience Experience working with advanced applications and mobile markets Experienced project management leader Fluid dynamics experience with pumps or rotating equipment Pump manufacturing experience Experience working with on or off road vehicle power train Use of CAD software Solid experience using advanced engineering tools such as Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, and Design and Process FMEAs Requires the ability to effective communicate with internal and external customers including formal presentations Ability to mentor lower level project engineers