Maintenance Supervisor - Mobile Mining Equipment (closed)
Do you have the people skill to put back the word super in the position of maintenance supervisor?
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor for heavy duty mining equipment in an open pit mine, the key to this position is to have the ability to manage and supervise people in a positive manner to get the job done.
Positioned in Alberta, you would have the security of working for an established international corporation because of the diverse global mining and energy related activities, you would have the opportunity to advance in the local as well as their international operations
You will be responsible for ensuring that Crew activities support the safe and efficient production in a cost effective manner that meets the needs of both the customer and the Company. All departmental activities are to be conducted within the framework of Company policies, procedures and values.
· Establish a high level of Safety, Health and Environmental performance through the communication, monitoring and revision of performance standards. Ensure crew compliance to performance standards and legislation.
· Establishes a positive employee and labour relations climate by conducting and participating in activities that contribute to an effective working relationship with both union and non-union employees. Promotes teamwork at all levels of the operation.
· Ensures a high level of productivity through the effective communication of the performance standards required to ensure the safe and efficient operations.
· Establish a high level of satisfaction for both internal and external customers by achieving safety, production, quality and cost standards. Displays a cooperative attitude in all customer matters.
· Provides a high level of performance with respect to cost management.
· Ideally person will have University or Technical training with 3-6 years of related experience.
· Setting objectives which are realistic but aggressive.
· Acquiring and retaining knowledge / understanding through study, instruction or experience.
· Working with and coordinating the activities of persons over whom the incumbent may have no direct authority; attention and energy are focussed on bringing various activities together to meet timetable(s).
· Effectively utilizing the skills of subordinates to accomplish work objectives; providing a degree of supervision, support and accessibility that is tailored to the subordinates level of maturity and ability.
· Developing and maintaining a network of contacts, both inside and outside the organization, with people who may be able to supply information, assistance or support for work related goals. This includes building and maintaining friendly, warm relationships or a network of contacts with people who are, or might someday be, helpful in achieving work related goals.
· Taking the initiative in understanding the needs of others (internal and external "customers") and acting to do something helpful.
· Emphasizing corporate values, mission and long term goals rather than short term objectives or perspectives.
· Stewarding revenues and/or expenses in accordance with budgets; estimating future possibilities, managing revenue/expense controls, and providing informed analyses.
· Maintaining motivation even in the face of inevitable delays, setbacks, policy shifts and disappointment.
· Counselling employees to optimize performance and motivation; determining training and development needs; reviewing and setting performance standards for work assigned; providing advice and direction for the employees career and personal development so that their potential is realized.
· Applying reasoning and analytical abilities to accomplish work objectives; emphasizing logic and data when assessing situations and identifying possible courses of action and/or opportunities.
· Demonstrating self-motivation; effective performance is driven from within rather than being conditional on pressure from external factors (eg. boss, peers, subordinates, deadlines, crises).
· Demonstrating an acceptable standard of behavior in the work place including meeting all ethical and integrity requirements according to internal and external policies and regulations.
Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume, with cover letter to Maurino Pacheco, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.520.1556
Please include the following Job # 36982 in the subject line of your email
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.