Senior MEMS Packaging Engineer (closed)
Seeking a MEMS Packaging Engineer who will be responsible for design, development and volume manufacturing of sensor products. This position will be reporting to Director of MEMS Sensor Development.
- Development of packaging solutions for next generation Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) inertial sensors.
- Development of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) models for simulating and predicting sensor behavior due to package influences.
- Process integration, yield improvement, design for manufacturability, & design for reliability.
- Actively interface with key US and international suppliers with the goal of developing & improving upon existing package solutions.
- Support, selection & qualification of key suppliers.
- Create, conduct, & analyze Design of Experiments (DOE) for development activities.
- Team cross-functionally to support new product introduction.
- Creating and participating in value engineering as well as cost reduction plans.
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials Science Engineering
- Ten years of industrial experience in the field of microelectronics and/or MEMS packaging especially in the area of Ceramic Leadless Chip Carrier (CLCC), Land Grid Array (LGA), and Chip-Scale Package (CSP) with focus on epoxy/plastic over-mold integration.
- Demonstrated experience in FEA (ANSYS preferred) modeling and implementing practical solutions for package stress reduction.?
- Knowledge of fundamentals of MEMS inertial sensors – operation, characterization techniques and practical applications.
- Experience and proven skills in written and oral communication of technical material, technical leadership and coordination of multi-site cross-functional team/partner efforts.
- Ability to work effectively, create solutions, and achieve success under the constraints of a start-up company environment.
Six Sigma Green Belt certification (black-belt preferred).
Relocation assistance may be provided for non-locals, but only for a super star!!